Rockin the double "E" for Jeeps
Blood spill - Someone wrote on the wall "Party don't
stop till the cops kick the door in and shoot somethin
somethin in the morning (i can't remember, i'm sure
it's lyrics i've heard before) which dragged out onto the
We pumped these out quick before dark
I wanted out before the vagrants came back in...
More dirty silvers..
Explore, paint and paint some more....
Random shots
The Kelly's formal suit hire (whatever) factory was another
massive joint. It consisted of a 2 level linked floor in sort of a
U-shape. It was well run down by the time we got there.
The photographers got onto it and let me know about it..
Next weekend there we were, again amazed by another
playground left to rot away, we made this our next daytime
spot to hit on a regular..
Once we were startled by this guy sporting a laptop on his
shoulder like a ghetto blaster cranking music.
He seemed oblivious to us and the world around him
This place was frequented by heaps of writers and home to
many people, some who seemed pretty well set up with bedding
and bongs on their bedside tables and shit like that..
There was a really sinister feel to it once inside. I dunno how
long it was closed down for but the place has gotta have some
dark history..
In another room setup we found a leather Hannibal Lecter mask,
which was freaky.. After seeing that i decided not to disturb his
space anymore and creep past that spot in the future..
On another visit i swear that he had some sort of booby trap
contraption set up behind his door, like a swinging bollard that
would smash you if you unsuspectingly opened it..
I also met a young homeless girl around 18 who lived in a fortified loft
with heaps of bedding and quilts in the vacant building next door. It
looked warm, comfortable and safe but nothing a match wouldn't fix.
Sometimes we would use this place to gain access if there was too
much action in the car park. I was shocked to learn she seemed to
happily live there, she'd pop her head out and say hello occasionally
as we had to climb up the wall to get to a small window..
Once while doing this on a Saturday morning, myself and the
2 photographers tried to get in this way and left some video guys
outside, we were setting up for a band shoot and there was
construction going on in the area, so we had to try and sneak in with
all this equipment. You had to crawl under a 2 foot gap under a
roller door..
While sussing the logistics of the task 2 blokes who i thought were
D's burst in, but they were the worst looking junkies, about 40 odd
(the kind you'd give a hundy to at the pub and he'll off someone for ya)
They looked rough as guts.. And there wasn't an easy escape..
"what are you doing in here?" they asked abruptly..
We replied "Taking photos"
They growled back "Have you seen a chick living in here?"
"No!" I replied, not wanting to give up any info to them.
Not knowing their intentions, thinking she is tucked up in her fort
listening in to whats going on..
I tried to change the subject slightly..
"what are you doing?" They interrupted - To my reply "Taking photos..
"They snapped "Are ya a fukin cop are ya?"
I snapped backed saying
"Nah, what are you's fukin cops or somethin?"..
Bad move Realsy...
They flared right up.. The only thing separating me from them
was a small pile of rubble, which i kept in between us..
They had arms flying everywhere, going off for a few minutes,
getting right up in my face, i had my trusty baton gripped tightly
in my hand in my right pocket.
Suddenly they clicked and headed to a room, took off their
shirts, then belts as one removed a package..
They looked up at us again then slammed the door shut..
We were outta there, one of the photographers was
white as a ghost. He soon told me the guy up in my face had
2 uncapped syringes that i didn't see.. I couldn't see past the
crazed look in his eye...
Fuck one more story and I'm out... I dunno about you
but my eyes are stinging..
The last time i ever went there i was doing some stupid
shit for the photographers.. You'd think i was having a picnic.
Me and Jiesk just had 2 really close police calls on trackside
over the last 2 weeks so i thought I'm staying chill this
particular weekend and not going out at night...
Luckily this day i was standing on a stool which allowed me to
see straight out the windows. I was painting the ground level
right inside the main door as i heard a car pull up on the gravel.
I look over my shoulder to see blue & red lights and the box
shape of a paddy wagon. I hit the ground running, frantically telling
the photographers to run as i fumbled and picked up as much shit
as i could, leaving behind all my paint. .
Running into the next room (pitch black) I tripped and
supermanned across the floor. cans and nozzles going
everywhere. I was disgusted.. Got up, my loose pants were falling
down, it was so graceful believe me...
I scrambled upstairs, gripping my dacks, managed to stash my
camera safely, maintained composure and kept on the move
across, the factory floor stealthfully...
They followed..
I ran back downstairs, I could hear their boot steps
stomping on the floorboards above and used it to my advantage,
plus knowing the joint inside out helped.. So i repeated the above
actions, circling around till I was out of breath and had to hold up
in this dark, seedy, old bathroom tucked well away..
I let the photographers go on to cover for me as I sat in there
for 20 minutes catching my breath.
I got the call, they just left. No one got questioned, my paint didn't
get found..
"Maybe we should just leave, now that they're gone" Marty said..
"If they're gone, we can finish" I replied..
They were shocked and couldn't believe I was serious..
I painted as quickly as i could and swore now I'd never come back..
There is more to this story but it's for another time...
I knew things happened in 3's but i thought since it's not trackside i
thought it would be all good but nah... It's me we're talking about...
It's now demolished

Found online
No comments:
Post a Comment